At Ulysses Natural Healing Centre Yoga is taught with a creative and relaxing manner.
Yoga is over 2000 year old practise originally from India, but other cultures also were found to do yoga too. Yoga comes from the Sanskrit word YUJ which means to JOIN, TO UNiFY, a coming together or a YOKE. In practise of yoga, we try to create union and balance of our whole being – Body, Mind, and Spirit. Coming together creates awareness, creating balance and harmony throughout onesel
The yoga experienced at Ulysses studio is HATHA based yoga. There are many styles of Yoga available. Hatha Yoga concentrates on the physical being with the breathing (Pranayama). The aim is to create balance and wellbeing within the person. Each teacher bring his/her own experience and skills and flare to a class.
At Ulysses Natural Healing Centre classes are catered to students needs and where students skills are at. Yoga should be available to everyone no matter age, experience or limitations.
Many people are seeing the benefits of choosing Yoga over other types of physical activities, because it not only tones and strengthens the body. It also has a calming and clarifying effect on the mind. It cleanses the body creating a sense of mental, emotional and physical wellbeing. Some people are choosing yoga to compliment other sports or activities they participate in to receive the benefits of cross training.
Benefits of Yoga:
- Toning the body
- Giving the body/mind flexibility (more often one does yoga, more benefits received)
- Gives body strength
- Creates clear and focused thinking
- Creates calming and relaxed feelings
- Creates balance of glands, organs, nervous systems in the body
- Increases energy levels, helps prevent tiredness
- Can ease common problems, headaches, migraines, asthma, backache, arthritis and stress and anxiety.
- Create positive outlook – clear thinking and list goes on…..
What a class includes:
- Pranayama(breathing techniques)
- Asanas (Postures)
- Limbering (warm ups)
- Relaxation and Meditation