Anne-MareeAnne-Maree Goldsmith - Senior Teacher, Director
Yoga was introduced into my life after a severe car accident. I went to a class with my cousins and fell in love with Yoga. I have now been practising yoga since 1996 and teaching yoga to others since 2001.
In 2001 I completed my first Teachers training in Hatha Yoga with my first teacher Marion Vaughan. She inspired me to Yoga and started my journey and inquiry into Yoga. In 2006 I completed my second Yoga Teachers Training at Bhava Yoga and Dance Centre. Hatha based, but incorporating creativity and dance to Yoga. Lyn Colenso showed me the creative energy and spirit I wanted to add to my classes. In 2002 I returned to study to expand my knowledge further and completed a course in Aromatherapy.
With a background in Nursing I have found my range of knowledge has brought a diverse understanding to my classes.
Areas of Experience:
- Worked in local community centres
- Volunteered in mental Health Centre
- Pre/Post natal classes
- General classes of all ages and experiences
- Teen classes
- Women’s Health Promotion
- Stress Management
I theme classes term to term on many areas and topics relating to health and wellbeing of the Body, Mind, Spirit.
Yoga is such a large part of my own lifestyle, influencing my daily practises and awareness and many phases of my life. Yoga has been there for me when obstacles of life have made it hard and I've used my practise to get through these easier.
I want to bring yoga to others and teach them how it can bring such joy and happiness and find that inner peace in our busy lives.
- 1995-1997 Bachelor of Nursing(ACU)
- 1999-2001 Dipolma of Yoga Teacher Training Course(Serendipitus Yoga School)
- 2002 Cert.iv Aromatherapy (MCNM)(now Endeavour College)
- 2006 Yoga Teachers Training Course (The Bhava Centre)
- 2015 Zenergy Yoga Training-Yoga for Children Foundation training course (Melbourne)
- 2016 Restorative Yoga Workshop - Sarasvati Sally Dawson ( Australian College of Classical Yoga )